AN ex-SAS man who seized a buttock from Saddam Hussein's statue has been told by the Iraqi government to give it back.
Nigel "Spud" Ely, 52, was guarding a camera crew in April 2003 as they filmed jubilant Iraqis pulling down the giant statue in Baghdad.
Nigel picked up a 2ft lump of bronze that had formed part of the tyrant's backside and brought it back to the UK.

Ex-SAS ... Nigel Ely
Nigel, from Derby, has been interviewed under caution by local police after the Iraqi embassy made a complaint.
He has turned the buttock into an artwork and says that makes him its legal owner.
He tried unsuccessfully to auction it last year in aid of injured troops.
Nigel said: "When I got it, it was just a piece of scrap metal. I am only doing this to raise money for military charities.
"If the Iraqis want to split the proceeds to give some to Iraqi charities, I am happy to listen."
Police confirmed they were investigating because ownership of the chunk of bronze is in dispute.
No comments:
Post a Comment